Many years ago Microsoft created Microsoft CRM, it then went to CRM Online before being rebranded as part of Dynamics 365. However, Microsoft Dynamics NAV has had CRM in it from the start, now NAV has been rebranded to Business Central its still there and as good as ever.
Business Central CRM functions
The CRM in Business Central is based around Contacts, these are your customers and your potential customers. You can store a huge amount of info regarding contacts not just their name and address.
The contact card
- Full Names and salutations
- Full address information
- Communication information such as Phone, email, website etc
- Full company details including categorisation
- Business relations – Ability to store competitors, key customers etc
- Sector logging
- Configurable Profile questionnaires, you can build your own. E.g. Staff number, Turnover etc
- Record all emails, letter and phone conversations
- Record all documents E.g. Quotes, orders by contact
- Automatically log Emails
- Synchronise Contacts between Outlook and Business Central
- Create campaigns
- Create segments (filter by any of the contact information) e.g. All contacts from the North West
- Integration with Bulk Email service providers such as Mail Chimp Campaign monitor
- Create sales opportunities
- Multiple stages for each opportunity E.g. Stage 1 – Initial Contact, Stage 2 – Meeting
- Activities (part of a stage) Stage 1: Activity 1 – Make Phone call. Activity 2: Verify quality of lead
- Sales pipeline reporting- track opportunities by stage, value etc.
- Create personal tasks – shown on dash board or in calendar, update and complete.
- Create business tasks – automatic interaction logging. Show in calendar.
- Build templates for all communication E.g. Emails, print outs etc
Images (Click to enlarge)
Interactions – Each can be opened to view the content by clicking show attachment.
As you can see the Business Central CRM features are extensive and perfect for SMBs.
As the CRM is built into Business central you get all the benefits of an integrated system. If you ever require more CRM features then Business Central integrates into Dynamics 365 for Sales.
Give us a call now on 01905 571010 or Contact us now